Causes of Truck Accidents - Experienced Orlando Accident Attorney Explains
Why do truck accidents happen in Florida? What causes them? The answers might surprise you. But whatever the reason, if you're a victim of a truck accident, you need the help of an experienced, knowledgeable Central Florida truck accident lawyer. Over the past several decades, people living in Orlando and elsewhere in Florida - as well as visitors from out of state - have relied on the Richard Troutman Law Firm. An attorney with more than 30 years' experience, Richard Troutman understands how to fight for those injured in truck accidents. Our highly skilled truck accident attorneys deal with all different types of truck accidents. We're also familiar with different truck accident injuries and all the complicated legal issues associated with trucking companies and truck accidents. Don't underestimate the seriousness of your truck accident. Contact us today. Call 866-434-5770 for a free case evaluation
Closer look at causes of truck accidents from a Florida truck accident lawyer
While truck accidents can happen for any reason, the following are some of the most common causes of truck accidents:
- Distracted drivers - Many truck drivers try to multitask while driving. They might eat a meal or even watch a video. In recent years, texting while driving by truckers has become a major problem, even though federal law prohibits commercial drivers from sending or receiving text messages. As a result, other drivers, motorcyclists, pedestrians and bicyclists have been seriously injured or killed by texting truckers.
- Truck brake failure - Truck drivers are required by law to make sure their vehicles are well maintained and operating legally. When trucking companies cut corners to save time or money, trucks often don't operate safely. One of the most common parts to fail on a truck is the brakes.
- Drunk drivers - Drunk truck drivers and truck drivers under the influence of drugs put other drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists in danger. Even though the dangers of drunk driving have been documented for decades, some drivers still ignore the warnings. They break the law and cause serious truck accidents.
- Speeding drivers - Truck drivers in a rush to get to their destination often take risks. These fast-moving trucks sometimes don't have enough time or space to safely stop, resulting in a serious truck accident.
- Overloaded trailers - When truck companies put too much weight in a truck, the vehicle can become nearly impossible to control. As a result, when a driver attempts to stop or turn quickly, the truck can overturn or fail to stop fast enough, resulting in a serious accident.
- Asleep at the wheel truck drivers - By law, truck drivers are supposed to take mandatory breaks and not drive more than a certain number of hours each day. But in an effort to make more money and cover more miles, many drivers exceed the limits. They also might do other activities instead of sleeping during their mandatory break times. As a result, many fatigued truck drivers are not fully alert and may even fall asleep at the wheel, causing serious accidents.
Take your Florida truck accident seriously right from the start. Contact us
Every accident is different. That's why our experienced accident attorneys in Winter Park carefully investigate each injury claim. We work hard to uncover evidence with one goal in mind: to get you the compensation you rightfully deserve. Our trucking accident attorneys in Winter Park, FL diligently research each case, using all available physical and medical evidence, witness reports, and other resources to construct the most compelling case possible. We work tirelessly to ensure that those whose negligent or careless actions caused the trucking accident are held accountable for the consequences. We will not rest until justice is served!
No matter what type of truck accident in Florida you're dealing with, make sure your rights are protected. Don't let insurance companies dictate what happens to you. Contact us immediately. We will put your best interests first. Call 866-434-5770 for a free case evaluation.