Reasons Why You Need a Rideshare Accident Attorney
Any automobile accident is a stressful event. There’s always a confusion that comes along with the adrenaline rush immediately afterward, leaving everyone involved scrambling to remember what they should do next. This confusion is compounded in accidents involving ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft. You might know what to do after a normal car accident between two private individuals, but what about when you are in a passenger in an Uber? Do you need to get your insurance agency involved or take down anyone else’s information? And, if you’ve also been injured in the accident, these questions can put even more stress on your plate.
After you seek medical attention for your injuries and compile detailed notes about them, it is best to contact a lawyer with ridesharing case experience as quickly as possible. Though you might think you can handle your injuries and the repercussions of the accident on your own, a lawyer can prove invaluable to the process. Here are a few reasons why you need an attorney after a ridesharing accident injury:
- They are experts in these situations. There is no substitute for extensive legal knowledge and years of case experience. Because ridesharing is a relatively new development, you need a legal expert to navigate the grey areas in the law to hold these companies liable for injuries they cause.
- They can give you hope and support throughout the process. The fallout from a ridesharing accident can be devastating. You might have very little confidence in receiving the compensation you need for your injuries. An experienced lawyer will walk you through every step of the process, giving you peace of mind about the future.
- They can give you reasonable expectations based on your claim. You don’t really know what you should receive as a settlement from insurance companies for your injuries, so you could only get a fraction of what you deserve. A rideshare accident attorney can give you a much more accurate assessment of what you are legally entitled to.
- They can deal with the other lawyers and insurance companies involved. You can be sure that the insurance companies for corporations like Uber and Lyft are going to give you as little as they can get away with. Adjustors and lawyers know all the tricks to make legal problems go away, so you need competent representation to protect your rights to fair compensation.
- They will maximize the amount of compensation you receive. Unrepresented plaintiffs rarely receive the full value of their case in settlements. Insurance companies will prey on your inexperience in these situations. To get the full value of your claim, you need the best personal injury representation possible.
Injured in a ridesharing accident? Call the Troutman Law Firm today. Our team has extensive experience and an impressive track record in personal injury cases in Florida. The difference between our firm and the others in Orlando is the amount of personal involvement you receive during the case. We are always accessible and will keep you posted during every step of the process. For a free initial consultation, give us a call at 407-647-5002.