Richard Troutman has been practicing personal injury law in central Florida for over 38 years. He comes from a family of lawyers and doctors including Russell Troutman, his father. Russell started the first Troutman law firm in Winter Park Florida in 1969. We are extremely proud of Russell Troutman, both the man he was and the things he accomplished on behalf of his community. Through his untiring efforts, he made a difference in the lives of each and every client, while also influencing the practices of the legal profession nationwide.
Few have made such an impact on their surroundings like Russell, from representing the poorest in the community to serving the state as the president of The Florida Bar. Here are just a few of Russell’s accomplishments which demonstrate his vast impact during his career:
- Inaugurated and served as president for The Legal Aid Society of the Orange County Bar Association, Inc., a program designed to give pro bono legal services to low-income citizens
- President of the Orange County Bar Association, earning the Good Government award from the Orlando Jaycees for his service
- Helped found People’s Legal Action, an organization providing legal services to those who normally could not get them
- Became President of The Florida Bar in 1976, where he established the State practice of taking interest from legal trust accounts to fund services to the poor
- Handled several major trials in Florida, recovering more than $150 million for his clients
Clearly, Russell was a man who cared for everyone in the community, not just those who could afford his services. At Troutman Law Firm today, we take our founder’s values to heart and vow to provide the same tireless, passionate assistance to all who have been wrongfully injured.
For more on Russell’s background, legal accomplishments, and honors, take a look at these two resources:
Russell Troutman: Doing More by Tim Stephens PDF
The Florida Bar Journal – In Memoriam: Russell Troutman, Bar President 1977-78